Last weekend my parents came to DC to celebrate my birthday and brought me this little cake. I think it's supposed to be a smash cake for one year olds, but it tasted superb.
So far in my twenties I...
-graduated college with a master's degree
-moved to a big city and started anew after living in a small town in West Virginia for 23 years
-landed a steady, satisfying job
-bought a car
-got married to the perfect guy for me
Not bad, not bad at all.
In this last year of my twenties, I'd like to check a few more things off the 20s list. Most are not as life changing, but great goals nonetheless. This year I'd like to:
1. Complete some sort of biking/running/swimming race (duathalon or triathalon) with my husband
2. Take an art/painting class
3. Buy a nice camera and learn to use it (any suggestions??)
4. Tour the White House (I've lived in DC for 6 years, why this hasn't happened yet I DON'T know)
5. Get a better idea on where we'd like to move to plant our roots
Now, I know I'm really not getting that old and you're only as old as you feel, so I plan to have a great weekend celebrating with family and friends. Happy Friday, friends!